Buile Hill Academy students have a proud tradition of smart and attractive appearance.
By accepting a place here, it means parents agree to the uniform being worn in accordance with the uniform list.
Children need comfortable, hard-wearing clothes for school.
- School blazer
- White-collared shirt or blouse
- School clip-on tie
- Black School Jumper – this is optional for both boys and girls
- Plain black leather/leather effect shoes only – the emphasis is on plain - no stripes or coloured markings near the sole, no training shoes or boots higher than the ankle. Please do not buy shoes, which are not suitable, if in doubt contact school.
- Black trousers – no denim, tracksuits, combat pant, or cords.
- Dark coloured socks.
- No caps and or hoods are to be worn in school – failure to comply with this may lead to confiscation.
- Grey tartan school skirt supplied by Whittakers or plain black trousers – denim, cords, tracksuit bottoms, leggings, culottes, combat pants, peddle pushers, ski pants or pinafores are not permitted.
- Plain white socks or plain black socks or black tights, but not white socks and black tights.
Jewellery – Large amounts of jewellery are not allowed on health and safety grounds. Students are only permitted to wear a watch and a small pair of flat studs, no bigger than a 5p piece. No nose studs, earrings, body piercing are allowed. If students wear these items they may be confiscated and placed in the office safe for parents to collect.
Make-up - make-up is discouraged. If it is noticeable, students will be asked to wash it off.
Hair Colours/Styles – students are to have only natural hair colour. Any students without natural hair colours will not be allowed in school until this is re-dyed back to a natural colour. No extreme hairstyles are permitted and no cut lower than a grade 2. Any students with extreme hairstyles will not be allowed in school or will be placed into seclusion until the style is modified or hair has grown to an acceptable style.
Mobile Phones/MP3 Players – Not to be visible or used in school. Items will be confiscated for that day, stored securely in the office to be collected at the end of the day.
Equipment - All students are expected to bring basic equipment, such as; 2 pens, 2 pencils, a ruler, a pencil sharpener and a rubber, housed in a pencil case, and a bag large enough to contain an A4 folder. The school will provide a homework diary that students should bring to school every day.
From September 2020 all students in year 7 to year 10 must wear the new PE kit for all PE lessons which is available to purchase from Whittakers.
All students must wear the following compulsory items for their designated PE lessons:
- Training T-Shirt
- QTR Training Top
- Black Socks
- Sports Trainers/Football boots (depending on their activity)
Students may also choose to purchase some of the optional items listed below:
- Slim Fit Training Pants
As a reminder to maintain and drive our standards even higher, it is imperative that even if your child is unable to take part due to injury that they provide us with a letter informing us of the reason why from yourself. They must still bring their PE kit to their lessons to get changed into where they can take part in another role within the lesson. This will ensure that they are still able to be actively learning. Please note that students are not permitted to wear any additional clothing such as jackets, sports tops in place of their Buile Hill PE kit.