The school believes in lifelong learning and acknowledges that achieving, and gaining good qualifications, is essential for the employability and success of all our young people.
A personalised approach to learning is the key to our students’ success. We ensure all aspects of our curriculum incorporate transferable, relevant, and functional skills into every learning experience and are ambitious for all our students. Our students’ understanding through each year will develop so they will build the knowledge, skills, aptitudes, and attitudes required for their next steps in their learning journey.
We are proud to state our school is a place where:
- Curriculum equity will enable students to achieve aspirational jobs in the future
- Students will be taught by a consistent set of specialist teachers who will develop their learning from year 7 through to year 11
- Students will develop a love of reading and will have opportunities to expand and improve their vocabulary
- Lessons will provide opportunities to develop students’ oracy and confidence when speaking English
- We will deliver a curriculum so all students develop fundamental mathematical concepts, through problem solving
- Where every lesson is underpinned by a teacher’s passion for their subject so students develop a similar love of learning
- The curriculum is sequenced to build on the knowledge and skills and talents previously taught to enable good progress across the key stages
- Students’ learning journeys will support them in becoming successful, healthy, and well-adjusted adults
- We place the utmost importance on developing a student’s cultural capital, enabling them to be valuable citizens in society.