Skip to content ↓

About Consilium

Consilium Academies is a multi-academy Trust working across the North of England. It has nine academy schools located in Yorkshire, the North West, and the North East. Consilium is dedicated to enriching lives and inspiring ambitions for both students and colleagues.

Alumni

Previous alumni of Buile Hill Academy include:

[Details to be included from school along with images]

Buile Hill Academy

The school changed its name in July 2019 to better reflect it's status as a member of the Consilium Academies Trust

  • Headteacher Mr Jon Marsh Sept 2019 to present

Buile Hill Visual Arts College

The school joined Consilium Academies, a multi-academy Trust, in 2016

  • Headteacher Mr James Inman from 2013 to 2019
  • Headteacher Mrs Wyn O’Neil to 2013

Buile Hill High School established 1973

Formerly Salford Grammar School until this date when its sixth form, along with Pendleton High School for Girls, was moved to Pendleton College.

This school building was demolished in 2008 and a new building was erected. The new buildings were funded through the Private Finance Initiative (PFI).

Headteachers

  • Mr P Fitzpatrick
  • Ms Jane Bailey
  • Mrs G Merret

Salford Grammar School 1932

In 1932 the Municipal Secondary School became Salford Grammar School. Initially, the Principal of the RTI was also Headmaster of the school, but in 1909 it was decided that the school should detach from the RTI. A separate building for the school was opened in Leaf Square in July 1914, but the outbreak of World War One resulted in that building being requisitioned for use as a military hospital, and it was not re-occupied by the school until March 1920. In 1937 Salford Education Committee acquired the house and grounds of Claremont, formerly the private residence of Sir Percival Heywood. In March 1953 the construction of a new school on the Claremont site began, and the students moved from the Leaf Square site into the new building on Eccles Old Road on 12th January 1956. The new school was officially opened by His Worship the Mayor of Salford on the 21st March 1956. Demolition of the old school building commenced in 1964 and the new Salford College of Technology opened on the site in 1965. On 1st September 1969, Salford Grammar School and Salford Technical High School were merged to form Salford Grammar Technical School. In 1973, a system of Comprehensive education was adopted in Salford Schools and Salford Grammar Technical School and Pendleton High School for Girls were merged to form Buile Hill High School.

Salford Municipal Secondary School 1904

The school was opened as the Salford Municipal Secondary School for Boys, located at the Salford Royal Technical Institute.

Thanks to University of Salford Archives and Special Collections for information.