We would like to welcome your son or daughter to Buile Hill Academy. We understand that the transition from primary to secondary school can be a challenging time for both students and families and even more so during the current pandemic.
Although, this year, we are unable to provide our usual transition days due to government guidelines however rest assured we will be communicating with both yourself and your child to ensure this process is as stress-free and enjoyable as possible.
Our transition promise to you is to provide the following -
- To send regular emails and letters to keep you updated as much as we can with regards to returning to school. We are not able to give a date as to when we are welcoming back our students but we will keep you informed as soon as this information is available to us.
- This year all students will receive a free school uniform voucher, for Whittakers the uniform shop. A voucher will be sent via the post. Make sure you check online for Whittakers opening times and processes.
- We will keep in regular contact with all families. All will be contacted before May half term and again before July to speak to you and answer any questions that you may have.
- Pre recorded ‘welcome evening’ to be sent out via email to further answer any questions.
- Join us on our instagram page called @builehill627 on this we will post work challenges for pupils, our daily Buile TV update, ‘Meet The Teacher’ feature, weekly posts and department information. You do not have to be signed up to instagram to access this, please follow the link; www.instagram.com/builehillacademy627/?hl=en
- Provide whole school information on our facebook page- Buile Hill Visual Arts College
- To share a virtual tour of the school with current Y7 pupils showing you around. This will feature on our Instagram page.
- To send a work booklet via post for all children to have a go at completing over the final half term and bring with them in September.
- To send you an introduction to Buile Hill brochure via post which should answer all of your questions.
- To host a live ‘Q and A’ session where pupils in Y7 will answer any questions you and your child may have. Date; Monday 22nd June 2020.
If your child has additional needs we assure you that we will do our utmost to meet these and pupils with SEND will be given extra support during transition by our SENCO and LSU Manager.
This is such an unusual way for your child to finish their primary journey and begin their secondary one and we fully understand that there will be more anxiety than normal around the transition to Buile Hill, so please do get in touch if you would like more contact with us to support you or your child.
We are so excited to have you become part of our Buile Hill Family and look forward to speaking to you soon. Please join our mailing list by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org