NEWS : 17.07.2018 ASPIRE COLLEGE TRIPS 2018/19
Please see the relevant letter on our LETTERS page
Pupils are initially selected based on Primary School KS2 SAT performance as pupils who have the potential to excel in a range of GCSE subjects. However, we aim to add pupils on merit, and where pupils are eager to take part in a range of challenging activities, or show an excellent attitude to learning, they can be added to the programme. One crucial element of this support is to provide aspirational pupils with support and motivation. The ASPIRE Programme aims to challenge, support and inspire our pupils through a range of events, activities and through a high level of teaching in all lessons.
As part of the school’s ongoing commitment to all of our pupils, one key area that we are focusing on is the progress and attainment of our High Achieving Pupils across a range of subjects.
As part of the ASPIRE Programme, we will provide:
- Challenging Activities in all subject areas
- Regular assemblies focusing on aspiration and study skills
- Loreto Masterclasses in a range of subjects for Years 10 and 11
- Guest Speakers from a range of professions
- University Open Days
- Visiting speakers from prestigious universities
- Some pupils will be enrolled in our mentoring programme
- Subject challenges led by departments
- Launch event in April
Pupils have been presented with their ASPIRE Passport, which outlines challenges and activities that they will have to complete, in order to achieve their ASPIRE Certificate and a range of rewards.