Our Ethos & Values
At Buile Hill Academy, we strive for all our students and staff to strive for their 'personal best' and have 'no excuses' in their approach to school.
We believe that this approach is all-encompassing and ensures that we are committed to striving for every child to be in receipt of 5 great lessons in which they learn more and are inspired by their teachers to be excited about coming to school.
At Buile Hill Academy we:
- Strive for our 'personal best' - we ask this of every student and every member of staff every day
- We encourage 'no excuses' - everyone in our community should strive to achieve their best, no matter what
- Are inclusive and celebrate the diversity of our community
Our Vision is:
- For every child to receive 5 excellent lessons every day in which they learn more and are inspired by their teachers to be excited to come into school
- To develop a caring community where we have concern for others and demonstrate respect for each other.
- To involve parents and carers in the educational process, so they are consulted, informed, and feel valued.
- To develop in every student and adult, the joy of learning.
- To establish an outward-looking community that understands its role locally, nationally, and internationally.
- To ensure our children obtain the qualifications they need to move onto college, apprenticeships, university, & further careers.
As part of Consilium Academies, we're committed to the following Equality Objectives:
- Embed a strong data management system across the Trust, supporting each academy to monitor and analyse pupil achievement and progress by ethnicity, gender, and disability, and act on any trends or patterns in this data that identify the need for additional support for pupils with the aim of narrowing the gap for equality groups.
- Implement a Trust-wide HR information system, ensuring that this incorporates the ability to provide robust reporting on and monitoring of equalities data.
- Through the use of peer networks across the Trust, ensure that the PSHE curriculum across the Trust is broad and balanced, and provides students with a high-quality education surrounding equality and diversity.
- Plan systematically to improve our understanding and promotion of diversity, establishing an equality and diversity focus group to drive this aspect of our work and ensure that our equality and diversity practices are sector-leading.