Students are initially selected based on Primary School KS2 SAT performance as students who have the potential to excel in a range of GCSE subjects. However, we aim to add students on merit, and where students are eager to take part in a range of challenging activities, or show an excellent attitude to learning, they can be added to the programme. One crucial element of this support is to provide aspirational students with support and motivation. The ASPIRE Programme aims to challenge, support and inspire our students through a range of events, activities and through a high level of teaching in all lessons.
As part of the school’s ongoing commitment to all of our students, one key area that we are focusing on is the progress and attainment of our High Achieving Students across a range of subjects.
As part of the ASPIRE Programme, we will provide:
- Challenging Activities in all subject areas
- Regular assemblies focusing on aspiration and study skills
- Loreto Masterclasses in a range of subjects for Years 10 and 11
- Guest Speakers from a range of professions
- University Open Days
- Visiting speakers from prestigious universities
- Some students will be enrolled in our mentoring programme
- Subject challenges led by departments
- Launch event in April
Students have been presented with their ASPIRE Passport, which outlines challenges and activities that they will have to complete, in order to achieve their ASPIRE Certificate and a range of rewards.